Advising clients, particularly business owners, in connection with their business transactions requires not only a complete understanding of applicable legal principles, but a creativity in the application of those principles.
We provide the legal structure and advice to make certain that your company has the proper formation, and to put careful thought and planning in place so that your company or business may operate and grow smoothly.
We have particular expertise representing privately owned companies, including individual entrepreneurs, their business start ups and privately held assets.
Some of our business services include:
- Working with business to choose the most suitable legal operating framework
- Advising business that operate in the corporate framework on governance issues
- Advising and assisting in the structuring of joint ventures, syndicates, strategic alliances and other partnering arrangements
- Protecting client interests by preparing and reviewing shareholder agreements, licences, distribution and supply agreements, agreements for the purchase or sale of businesses and other forms of business agreements and contracts
- Debt financing
- Contract negotiations
- Acquisitions and dispositions
- Asset protection for both business and personal assets
Macquarie Lawyers is of a size which is well suited to deal with the fundamental and management issues unique to such privately owned companies and enables us to provide cost effective advice that is in line with our client’s strategic and economic objectives.